Going to the airport feels more stressful than it did even a decade ago. While airplane travel felt luxurious in the past, it’s gotten more and more restrictive, and it can feel like you now have to pay for every upgrade, even picking your own seat.
Plus, it’s often stressful to deal with long lines, varying rule and regulation changes, and overcrowded airports. While you might not be able to improve the process completely, there are ways to improve the airport-going experience so that you feel more relaxed and ready to arrive at your destination. The tips in this article might not eliminate all the potential frustrations, but they will help you feel a little more at ease.
Here’s what you can do to make being at the airport a better experience.
Getting To And From The Airport
Part of what makes the airport stressful is that there are multiple steps in the process. You have to get ready to go and then travel to the actual airport itself. Then, when you arrive at your destination, you have to get from the airport to where you’re staying. While it’s easiest to let someone you know take you to the airport if you can, it can be extra confusing to get from the airport when you arrive.
One simple way to make Thailand easier is to book a car ahead of time. For example, if you arrive at LAX, you can have a car service in Los Angeles waiting for you. Then, you don’t have to scramble or stress.
Five Airport Tricks And Tips
Now that you have transportation to and from the airport covered, here are some specific things you can do while waiting for your flight at the airport.
- Research the airport ahead of time: While TSA has some general rules, these can vary from airport to airport. It’s a good idea to check out the airport website to see their rules and process. Plus, you can also get some basic information like the layout of the airport and where you can eat or shop while there.
- Bring a small meal with you: If you’re going on a longer flight, you’ll feel a lot better if you have something to eat with you that you like. It’s easy for things to get hectic while traveling, and you might forget to eat. You’ll feel happier if you bring something from home or buy something to eat on the flight.
- Go to the security line on the left: While this might not always be true, there is some research showing that the right lanes tend to get busier. This is because the majority of people are right-handed.
- Bring layers: Some people get cold easily, and some people overheat quickly. So, you do have to know yourself and how you tend to feel temperature-wise. But, it’s generally a good idea to wear or bring layers. Even if it’s hot outside, you may need a light sweater. Or, you may need to be able to take something off if it gets too hot.
- Check out the lounge: While you will have to spend extra money, it can be worth it for long layovers. Some airport lounges allow you to pay just for the day, making a long wait way more bearable, as you’ll get better amenities.
If you follow these five tips, you can have a more pleasant experience at the airport. It’s worth changing just a few things to make the process simpler and more enjoyable.
Founder Dinis Guarda
IntelligentHQ Your New Business Network.
IntelligentHQ is a Business network and an expert source for finance, capital markets and intelligence for thousands of global business professionals, startups, and companies.
We exist at the point of intersection between technology, social media, finance and innovation.
IntelligentHQ leverages innovation and scale of social digital technology, analytics, news and distribution to create an unparalleled, full digital medium and social business network spectrum.
IntelligentHQ is working hard, to become a trusted, and indispensable source of business news and analytics, within financial services and its associated supply chains and ecosystems.