Hilton Supra, Vice Chairman of ztudium and citiesabc.com, interviews Menashe Shani, Co-founder of Purple Lens, who has set out on the mission of creating an equal and accessible internet experience for ALL people.
The internet has become an essential part of modern life, providing access to information, communication, and services that were once unimaginable. However, for people with disabilities, accessing the internet can present significant challenges. Whether it’s due to physical, sensory, or cognitive impairments, many individuals face barriers that prevent them from fully participating in online activities. In this article, we will explore the issues surrounding internet access and disabilities, including the technology and policies that can help to make the internet more accessible to all.
That is what Menashe Shani, the latest guest in citiesabc podcast series, hosted by Hilton Supra, is working to fix. Menashe is a passionate user experience designer (On & Off line) with over 20 years of expertise in product, interaction, and visual design. He is fascinated by people’s behaviors and interactions, and his goal is to deliver valuable products to people around the world.
Menashe is a Co-founder of three brands for the Event industry. He serves as Brand manager, business development, marketing, creative and customer experience in all three brands.All the brands are dedicated to different audiences and require three different approaches.
System Architecture, Software Design, And Open Blockchain: Kåre Kjelstrøm, CTO and CPO of Concordium Group, In The Latest Episode Of Dinis Guarda YouTube Podcast Series
Innovation and Trading Between India And Europe: Poul V. Jensen, Managing Director At EBTC, In The Latest Episode Of the Dinis Guarda YouTube Podcast Series
The Multi-Faceted Aspects Of A Modern Virtual Speed Dating App: Zach Schleien, CEO Of Filteroff, In Dinis Guarda YouTube Podcast Series
The Raise of Blockchain In France: Aurélien Onimus, CEO of Seein-apps.com, In The Latest Episode Of Dinis Guarda YouTube Podcast
Menashe Shani interview topics
1. Please start by telling us a little bit about your background?
2. Could you share with us about your earlier career path and your motivations or inspiration?
3. How did Purple Lens come into being? We can see that there has been more and more attention on disabilities but what was the significant push for you to establish Purple Lens to support people with disabilities?
Could you please explain how you define the meaning of “accessible for everyone”. Is this the guiding principle of Purple Lens?
4. What do you think are the main measures to make a website accessible for users with disabilities?
5. You used to say Purple Lens as well as your mission is to maximize every website’s potential by optimizing its environment to the needs of millions of new users, so what do you do to discover those environments and needs? We know that there is so much diversity in the world where people are seeking different things online.
6. We have discussed the benefits that Purple Lens can bring to the users, so how about the businesses? I have read about Purple Lens before this interview and I remember that you mentioned a lot that Purple Lens also aims to maximize the website owner’s revenue. Do you focus on small and medium businesses only who do not have enough digital resources?
7. What feedback have you received from users with disabilities and your clients regarding their experience on the website you built?
8. So you are a passionate user experience designer (On & Off line) with over 20 years of expertise in product, interaction, and visual design. Is there any interesting story that you want to share during your 20 year career?
9. Do you have any advice for young designers who also aim to create new solutions to the world
Menashe Shani Biography
Menashe is a passionate user experience designer (On & Off line) with over 20 years of expertise in product, interaction, and visual design. He is fascinated by people’s behaviours and interactions, and his goal is to deliver valuable products to people around the world.
Menashe is a Co-founder of three brands in the Event industry.
Serves as Brand manager, business development, marketing, creative and customer experience in all three brands.
Menashe is the co-founder of:
Ink & Co by Stein Shani – since 2004 specialize in private events and weddings, boutique events for client from abroad
UNIQ – creates incentive trips built completely around your specifications, on a global platform.
Aiming to revive the MICE industry, UNIQ offers industry professionals a global solution for powerful and compelling incentive trips. The company has 36 branches around the world….
Love Israel Celebration (LIC) – LIC was created by a team of seasoned professionals in the events industry in Israel.
“We noticed that often the most difficult barrier to cross in planning your dream event in Israel is cultural. Differences in hours, language, traditions and more, often lead to people giving up on their dream wedding or Bar Mitzvah, in exchange for something simpler.”
Project 360° – Project 360º enables individuals from all areas of the events field to volunteer their time or resources in order to contribute to voluntary activity.
Project 360º works on the principle that what goes around, comes around. The company wants to bring a circle of selfless good into the universe!
Purple Lens – The goal of Purple Lens is to create an equal internet experience for people of all abilities.
Hernaldo Turrillo is a writer and author specialised in innovation, AI, DLT, SMEs, trading, investing and new trends in technology and business. He has been working for ztudium group since 2017. He is the editor of openbusinesscouncil.org, tradersdna.com, hedgethink.com, and writes regularly for intelligenthq.com, socialmediacouncil.eu. Hernaldo was born in Spain and finally settled in London, United Kingdom, after a few years of personal growth. Hernaldo finished his Journalism bachelor degree in the University of Seville, Spain, and began working as reporter in the newspaper, Europa Sur, writing about Politics and Society. He also worked as community manager and marketing advisor in Los Barrios, Spain. Innovation, technology, politics and economy are his main interests, with special focus on new trends and ethical projects. He enjoys finding himself getting lost in words, explaining what he understands from the world and helping others. Besides a journalist, he is also a thinker and proactive in digital transformation strategies. Knowledge and ideas have no limits.