IntelligentHQ.com in partnership with Groupe INSEEC London presents: Wayne Walker – Specialist in Capital Markets Education – Video Interview
Trading and special Forex Trading has experienced significant changes in the past year. There has also been more innovation deployed in product offerings, as alternative multi-dealer trading marketplaces have continued to grow. These have been launched by a variety of organizations, many of which have not been associated with the FX market in the past. For this level of momentum to continue, innovation it seems, is dependent on new, well educated blood entering the industry.
Learning to trade and understanding the markets, is rather like learning a new profession, more of a marathon than a 100 meters race. It requires great tutelage and execellent mentorship. In this interview Market Specialist, Wayne Walker, talks about the role of the company GCMS plays in education in Capital Markets, working with Universities and Business Schools, the impact of social and mobile trading and challenges for Financial Services.
IntelligentHQ Questions to Wayne Walker – Specialist in Capital Markets Education
- Can you tell us about yourself and your background?
- What is your education background?
- You wrote the book “Reality Based Trading Guide” in 2009 that is now going to become an App, can you tell us about it?
- Can you tell us about your company GCMS?
- What are the motivations behind the launch of GCMS education for trading and finance?
- GCMS is leveraging Trading education to a new level working both with Universities and Business Schools but also with Financial players such as Citi, Barclays, Saxo Bank, can you explain to us your goals?
- Can you tell us the top Universities / Business Schools that you have been working with?
- How do you differentiate between training and coaching people in Europe and Asia Pacific?
- How is GCMS contribution for changing the face of trading and finance education?
- GCMS just launched a new series of trading and finance e-learning programme, can you tell us about it?
- What are the main considerations about the Forex Trading in the present shift landscape?
- How do you see social trading?
- How do you see mobile trading?
- How do you see the future of the Trading and specifically the Forex Trading industry?
- How do you see the challenges/merges of Finance/Trading and Technology?
- How do you see the present landscape of the financial crisis, where we have in one hand innovation, social media and in the other hand crisis, unemployment and banking crisis?
Mr. Walker is a recognized authority on capital markets education and management. He is also the author of the “Reality Based Trading Guide” a practical guide to forex & stock trading.He has held several management positions in investment banking including: Regional Manager for teams of Investment Advisors servicing North America & Middle East Regions (based in Denmark & UK), Training Consultant to financial institutions. He also headed the Trader Training program at Saxo Bank.
Wayne is a trainer in demand. From his base in Copenhagen, this demand has led to training & speaking engagements in the United States, China, Jamaica, Norway, United Kingdom, Sweden, Trinidad & Tobago, etc. As a result he and GCMS have been featured in major newspapers, magazines, radio and TV talk-shows. Prior to Europe, he was based in New York City.
Wayne holds the ACI Dealing Certificate (Distinction), NASD-Series 3 license, a Bachelors degree from State University of New York, College at Buffalo and he also attended the University of San Diego. He is a finisher of the Los Angeles and Copenhagen marathons.
Founder Dinis Guarda
IntelligentHQ Your New Business Network.
IntelligentHQ is a Business network and an expert source for finance, capital markets and intelligence for thousands of global business professionals, startups, and companies.
We exist at the point of intersection between technology, social media, finance and innovation.
IntelligentHQ leverages innovation and scale of social digital technology, analytics, news and distribution to create an unparalleled, full digital medium and social business network spectrum.
IntelligentHQ is working hard, to become a trusted, and indispensable source of business news and analytics, within financial services and its associated supply chains and ecosystems.