Guy Kawasaki is a legendary Silicon Valley marketing executive that has shaped and revolutionized the marketing industry since the eighties. He was one of the Apple employees originally responsible for marketing the Macintosh in 1984. He popularized the word evangelist in marketing and the concepts of evangelism marketing and technology evangelism.
Guy Kawasaki, who was born in Honolulu, Hawaii in 1954, is a renowned author of thirteen books. His books are now textbooks for the finest academic institutions in the world and have been both New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers. His writing focuses on the tactical and practical in order to empower and inspire. Some of his most important titles are “The Art of the Start”, “The Art of Social Media”, and others. Kawasaki has a BA from Stanford University and an MBA from UCLA as well as an honorary doctorate from Babson College.
He is the chief evangelist of Canva, an online graphic design tool and he is on the board of trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation. He is as well the brand ambassador for Mercedes Benz USA, and an executive fellow of the Haas School of Business (UC Berkeley).
IntelligentHQ has assembled here nine of his most famous quotes:
1. “I have developed a Zen-like approach to the operating systems that people use: When you’re ready, the right operating system will appear in your life.” Guy Kawasaki
2. “It doesn’t matter whether the Dow is 5000 or 50,000. If you’re an entrepreneur, there is no bad time to start a company.” Guy Kawasaki
3. “A 50-year-old company can innovate as well as two guys in a garage.” Guy Kawasaki
4. “Evangelism is selling a dream.” Guy Kawasaki
5. “Create something, sell it, make it better, sell it some more and then create something that obsoletes what you used to make. ” Guy Kawasaki
6. “A good idea is about ten percent and implementation and hard work, and luck is 90 percent.” Guy Kawasaki
7. “Great companies start because the founders want to change the world… not make a fast buck.” Guy Kawasaki
8. “Don’t worry, be crappy. Revolutionary means you ship and then test… Lots of things made the first Mac in 1984 a piece of crap – but it was a revolutionary piece of crap.” Guy Kawasaki
9. “When you enchant people, your goal is not to make money from them or to get them to do what you want, but to fill them with great delight.” Guy Kawasaki
Founder Dinis Guarda
IntelligentHQ Your New Business Network.
IntelligentHQ is a Business network and an expert source for finance, capital markets and intelligence for thousands of global business professionals, startups, and companies.
We exist at the point of intersection between technology, social media, finance and innovation.
IntelligentHQ leverages innovation and scale of social digital technology, analytics, news and distribution to create an unparalleled, full digital medium and social business network spectrum.
IntelligentHQ is working hard, to become a trusted, and indispensable source of business news and analytics, within financial services and its associated supply chains and ecosystems.