Dinis Guarda interviews Daniel Duarte, Brazil, Bitcoin Evangelist – Bitcoin Trading / Crypto as Social Impact Investment
Daniel Duarte is a thought leader, investor in tech and social impact, a crypto evangelist and a well-known Bitcoin trader in Brazil. He invested everything he had in digital assets in 2016 and managed to sell at the peak of the 2017 bubble. Daniel likes to trade on trends, based on fundamental market analysis.
Daniel currently has a successful YouTube channel, where he created a dynamic community and created educational videos and also comments on his strategies and trading recommendations for the next few months in Bitcoin. He can also be found writing on Cointelegraph.
1. An introduction from you – background, overview, education…
2. Career highlights
3. Your company, organisation and focus
4. What are your work priorities
5. Goals and how do you see the future of work and the main trends in tech and society
6. With Covid-19 how can you look at this as a way to redesign our society
7. Future vision
Quotes and Highlights
· Brazil culture. I see Brazil is facing many problems right now. Corruption is one of those crimes, etc that seems to be putting democracy at risk. That is why I went to study law, to understand how administrations, government, business and society talk to each other and the playbook they move in. Likewise, I was attracted to economics so I went to study economics as well.
· Brazil context. For me, Brazil is only 200 years old after Napoleon. Before that, it was really underpowered and underdeveloped. I see Brazil now as a very new country with a mix from different cultures and races that enrich it in every way. As I see it, we have the entrepreneurship, innovative gene to be better, that is why I see Brazil is improving every decade.
· I entered the bitcoin world out of curiosity. As I studied economics I started seeing a new booming industry that was really complicated, really obscure so I wanted to know more about crypto and Bitcoin, to truly understand how it works, its synergies, the community that keeps it alive, etc.
· The biggest reason I entered Crypto was because I love to travel but I faced a challenge. To travel internationally I needed money that has value internationally. In Brazil, the national currency has very little value and volatility so its value changes dramatically. I thought that by investing in Bitcoin I can get enough money and stability to do what I love and trading it in a fairer way for a currency I can use worldwide.
· My first weeks and months I was studying Bitcoin for countless hours every week. I didn’t sleep or anything. I was just educating myself about how crypto and Bitcoin works to understand it completely and make the best decisions. I don’t consider myself a trader. I saw Bitcoin when it was growing, when it was nothing yet and that is my main perk back in time.
· The most important thing when dealing with Bitcoin is not buying, that is the easy part, it is selling at the right time.
· 2017 was a horrible year for the Bitcoin and crypto ecosystem and investors as there were many fraud coming from ICOs and other sources but it was good for sellers at that time
· Knox platform. It is about educating people to trade and understand cryptocurrency so everyone can trade safely and know how to do it.
· To understand the power of bitcoin: “one thing is to thing, another is to see people using what you were thinking”.
· About whales. It is a matter of time that these whales will lose their power. The trend for bitcoin will be to become more and more decentralized and the power of the community will make them lose their power.
· His method. The key is to buy bitcoin every month and keep buying and saving it long term.
· Bitcoin and crypto means freedom for people that live in developing countries where institutions are strong enough to keep the currency stable and value up and stable. Bitcoin in Latin America.
Interview with Daniel Sloan, co-founder Future Tech, ‘RebuildTheChain’ – Building Blockchain and AI solutions
Video Interview with Dr Jamal Ouenniche, Professor & Chair in Business Analytics, University of Edinburgh – Business Analytics, AI Data Road Maps
Interview with Ben Goertzel Founder SingularityNet, OpenCog – Benevolent And Open AI, What Kind Of Evolutionary Mind Can We Engineer?
Interview With Anish Mohammed, Blockchain Researcher. Head of Research – IIS , SRH Berlin – Building Blockchain and AI Foundations and Ethics
Daniel Duarte Biography
Daniel Duarte, is a thought leader in cryptocurrencies and financial / investment lifestyle.
Bitcoin lover, Brazilian Youtuber, ADV Sanfran, BUSS FGV/EAESP. Duarte is a Brazilian Blockchain Evangelist, Blockchain Investor and Advisor, Founder of Satoshi & Hayek Academy.
Daniel Duarte is a Bitcoin trader. He invested everything he had in digital assets in 2016 and managed to sell at the peak of the 2017 bubble. Daniel likes to trade on trends, based on fundamental market analysis.
Daniel currently has a successful YouTube channel, where he posts educational videos and also comments on his strategies and trading recommendations for the next few months in Bitcoin.
It was because of bitcoin that Daniel Duarte decided to act as a trader. After going through several companies and even a society in a nightclub, the São Paulo based in Porto Alegre saw cryptocurrency at the end of 2016 as an interesting investment and he became an enthusiast.
“Instead of taking 10 tequilas and a vodka combo, buy and forget. It is the best investment in the universe, ”he said in a conversation with the Bitcoin Portal.
Between falls and profits over the last few years, he built a net worth that reached R $ 7.3 million at the end of 2019. In addition to being a trader, Duarte is currently a partner-investor at the Nox Bitcoin brokerage.
Daniel Duarte lost the equivalent of 40 bitcoins [80 BTC, considering leverage], something like 10% of his equity, during the black swan. And he challenged other traders to show how they fared during the crisis – especially those who sell courses on the activity. Investor partner of Nox Bitcoin brokerage said it lost about 10% of its R $ 7.3 million equity last Thursday (12), when the price of Bitcoin fell 50%, registering the biggest daily drop in the history of currency.
Despite the loss, he still recommends investing in Bitcoin, mainly in the practice of “buy and hold”, where you buy a little each month, focusing on long-term profit.
Sources / links
Founder Dinis Guarda
IntelligentHQ Your New Business Network.
IntelligentHQ is a Business network and an expert source for finance, capital markets and intelligence for thousands of global business professionals, startups, and companies.
We exist at the point of intersection between technology, social media, finance and innovation.
IntelligentHQ leverages innovation and scale of social digital technology, analytics, news and distribution to create an unparalleled, full digital medium and social business network spectrum.
IntelligentHQ is working hard, to become a trusted, and indispensable source of business news and analytics, within financial services and its associated supply chains and ecosystems.