Achieving success in life is something most of us desire. But what if we are able to combine success, not with only strenuous hard work, but with harmony ? Mindfulness, a psychological technic, based in ancient meditative traditions, has to do with living your life in such a way that you focus in the present moment. Mindulness rituals can help you live a fuller, successful life which is also filled with peace and harmony.
When you cultivate mindfulness in your daily life, there is a shift in you. You begin experiencing more and more the little details of your life, and these bring you joy and peace. Pausing to appreciate the beauty of a flower, the smell of fresh air in the morning, the scent of the tangerine you are having for breakfast, fill your spirit with a sense of clear energy, that is then used to pursue your goals and aspirations.
Mindfulness can also help you when dealing with difficult issues. As you pause and breath, you achieve more clarity, presence, and nonjudgmental acceptance. More solutions appear in front of you, to help you sort out your challenges and move on with your lives towards the aspirations and desires you want (and need!) to achieve, in order to grow.
Here are 7 quotes, one for each day of the week, to help you live a full yet also mindful life:
1. “This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.”
2. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
3. “Now is the future that you promised yourself last year, last month, last week. Now is the only moment you’ll ever really have. Mindfulness is about waking up to this.”
4. “We become what we think about most of the time.”
5. “Whatever good things we build, end up building us.”
6. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.”
Robert Louis Stevenson
7.“Peace is always beautiful.”
Maria Fonseca is the Editor and Infographic Artist for IntelligentHQ. She is also a thought leader writing about social innovation, sharing economy, social business, and the commons. Aside her work for IntelligentHQ, Maria Fonseca is a visual artist and filmmaker that has exhibited widely in international events such as Manifesta 5, Sao Paulo Biennial, Photo Espana, Moderna Museet in Stockholm, Joshibi University and many others. She concluded her PhD on essayistic filmmaking , taken at University of Westminster in London and is preparing her post doc that will explore the links between creativity and the sharing economy.