The year 2012 has proven to be one of the most effective years for SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) to take root. Software-as-a-Service is software which is deployed over the internet and used by someone on a personal computer or local area network. 2013 is associated with the refinement of SaaS services of cloud computing. Have a look at three researches and infographics to learn how 2012 went and what you can do to adapt to be successful in 2013.InformationWeek Reports conducted a survey finding that only 38 percent of those surveyed in its 2012 Enterprise Applications Survey are using SaaS apps. Findings:
- 36% of those respondents not using, or unsure if they are using, SaaS-based enterprise applications cite data security as the primary concern preventing adoption.
- 40% are somewhat or very satisfied with the reliability of their on-premises applications compared with 55% satisfaction with service reliability among SaaS users.
- The ability to integrate with existing systems and infrastructure is the No. 1 quality IT pros look for in an enterprise applications vendor, cited by 66%.
The survey found that 50 percent of Enterprises surveyed are using SaaS apps from Oracle, 39 percent from Microsoft, and 26 percent from SAP, making them the top three vendors. The five major factors on SaaS according to CloudTweaks are:
- Mobile Computing: It is no more the afterthought; mobile clients are on the rise now with the increase in efficiency of mobile applications. SaaS has let mobile computing initiative to increase.
- Tools for Big Data Analysis: The vast ranges of 2012 technologies celebrate the association of SaaS with big-data (extraordinary storage and computational capacity).
- Telecommunications: Partnering with telecom carriers that have high ranking infrastructure owing to claims of strength and speed is another prospect for 2013. SaaS providers are highly dependent upon telecommunications despite the condition of the infrastructure even in the U.S. and the unlikeliness of an all fiber-optic system.
- SaaS Ecosystem: With the growing demands of users and their increasing need for assurance and information, SaaS services should look for partner service providers.
- Security: Although on a descent, SaaS corporate security concerns still unravel the causes of unauthorized mobiles and consumer applications that are not secured which has even distracted information technology from the cloud’s emergence.
Click here to read the full elaboration on all five points. Great infographic by Staff.com that summarizes the state of the industry. According to Gartner SaaS will continue to experience a healthy growth to 2015, having a projected global revenue of $22 billion. Totango conducted a research studying the Freemium, free trial and pricing practices of 550 Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) companies. Res
Gianluigi Cuccureddu is co-founder of Damarque, helping you to improve your commercial performance through better engagement with your employees, customers and strategic business partners.
We offer high-impact training, coaching and consulting services for professionals, teams and organizations to help improve people ánd organizational performance and innovation capability in an efficient and sustainable way.