The Eldoret National Polytechnic (TENP) was established in 1985 as a middle-level institution endowed with the mandate to offer and promote quality (technical, Industrial, vocational, and entrepreneurship (TIVET)). As such Eldoret Polytechnic provides scholars with exceptional skills and technical know-how that are much needed for the industrial growth of Kenya. Additionally, the institution is strategically located in a rural-urban environment which is beneficial for most scholars as they can commute from their homes; hence, reducing their expenses. Students from far way homes can reside in the nearby private hostels that are cost friendly.
Why should you pursue a Course at Eldoret Polytechnic?
The institution has over time built a unique relationship with the surrounding community; hence, receives a great deal of support from them. Secondly, the establishment has dedicated and high-qualified teaching and non-teaching personnel who ensure harmony and cooperation at the school. The lecturers are skilled in their line of work, and the institution has been able to attain its mandate and produced top graduates ready to join the workforce.
Additionally, the institution is well equipped with various computer labs where students can access computer training as well as fast speeds of internet connectivity. This is a vital resource as it promotes e-learning thereby supplementing the learning books at the Polytechnic library.
Moreover, Eldoret Polytechnic is situated near several key industries like Chemelil, Nzoia, Coca-Cola, Mumias, and Kenya Seeds among others. This ensures that there are sizeable job opportunities for the graduating scholars. For those students pursuing Building and Civil Engineering courses, they can be absorbed by firms such as DITTMAN Construction Company, BOWEN Building Contractors, Ministry of Roads and Public Works, Kenya Power Company, HARMO Construction Company, KENGEN, Lake Victoria North Water Services Board and ARM Cement Ltd among many others. Medical students can later join Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital among other public medical centers. Overall, Eldoret Polytechnic prides itself in achieving over 85% placement of all its graduates both locally and internationally.
Eldoret Polytechnic Courses
The Eldoret National Polytechnic has been authorized by the Ministry of Education to offer certificates, diplomas, and higher diplomas in areas such as Health Sciences, Engineering, Business and applied sciences. For this reason, the institution produces graduates that are skilled with technical and business acumen needed in the agricultural, service, juakali and manufacturing sectors.
1.Higher Diploma Courses
- Higher Diploma in Business Management
This program takes approximately two years to finish, and the minimum entry requirements include a pass in Diploma in Business Management. KNEC is the examining partner for this course.
- Higher Diploma in Construction Engineering (Civil/building Highways, structure)
To pursue this course, all you need is a pass in Diploma in Construction Engineering. It will take you two years to graduate, and your exams are offered by KNEC.
- Higher Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Power Option)
A pass in Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering is all you to do to pursue this program. KNEC is the examining body, and the course takes two years.
- Higher Diploma in Applied Biology
Students looking to do this course need a pass in Diploma in Applied Biology. The course takes two tears and is examined by KNEC.
- Higher Diploma in Entrepreneurship Development
Minimum entry requirements include a pass in Diploma in Entrepreneurship Development. A student pursuing this program graduates after two years and will be examined by KNEC as well.
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
You will need a pass in Diploma in Human Resource Management and will graduate in two years. KNEC is the examining the organization for the course.
2. Eldoret Polytechnic Diploma Courses
The Eldoret National Polytechnic offers the following diploma programs:
- Diploma in Environmental Science and Technology
- Diploma in General Agriculture
- Diploma in Applied Biology
- Diploma in Food Science and Technology
- Diploma in Architecture
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Building Technology
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Diploma in Tourism Management
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Accountancy
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Analytical Chemistry
- Diploma in Petroleum Geo-Science
- Diploma in Environmental Science and Technology
- Diploma in Applied Statistics
- Diploma in Computer Studies
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (power)
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Telecommunication)
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Instrumentation and Control option)
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing
- Diploma in Entrepreneurial Agriculture
The entry prerequisites for all these courses include a KCSE C- Mean Grade. Each of the above diploma programs takes two-year duration, and KNEC is the examining body.
Source: TUKO – Kenya news today
This is an article provided by our partners network. It might not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of our editorial team and management.
Founder Dinis Guarda
IntelligentHQ Your New Business Network.
IntelligentHQ is a Business network and an expert source for finance, capital markets and intelligence for thousands of global business professionals, startups, and companies.
We exist at the point of intersection between technology, social media, finance and innovation.
IntelligentHQ leverages innovation and scale of social digital technology, analytics, news and distribution to create an unparalleled, full digital medium and social business network spectrum.
IntelligentHQ is working hard, to become a trusted, and indispensable source of business news and analytics, within financial services and its associated supply chains and ecosystems.