This is the fourth part of a series of articles that reflect how search engine optimisation has been changing. The guide describes a more powerful way of looking at this online marketing discipline and it introduces a approach to internet optimization entitling it “Total Internet Optimisation (TIO). In this part, I address 7 critical areas for total internet optimisation.
Seven Areas Critical for Total Internet Optimisation
1. Define clear roles, guidelines and goals for each discipline in the overall marketing, business and communication strategy. Social Media, SEO and PPC are critical but need different approaches, resources and efforts.
2. Understand that Total Internet Optimisation is now Growth Hacking and Social Media should have a holistic approach that comprehends not only business but also communications, PR, customer service and CSR Corporate Social Responsibility. Social Media needs a special treatment as an area that comprehends a lot of challenges and needs a different angle.
3. Create strong synergies between strategies, campaigns and budgets . PPC, SEO, Social Media (and other media buying strategies, whether online or offline) are generally closed silos, in rivalry inside marketing departments in companies. Most of the times it feels they are fighting each other for budgets, resources, along with all the other marketing channels. Sometimes they do not communicate correctly.
This should not be the case. It is necessary a rational contention and the need of a huge effort of synergies and sharing of budgets, data, strategy and setting objectives. PPC is easy to target, track and gets the results faster so most of the time gets most of the budget. This decision needs to be analysed in a business short, medium and long term strategy.SEO-PPC-Social-Content
SEO is less expensive, most of it is free, though it needs resources, technical development and continuous work. It is critical to work business strategy, lead generation /e-commerce efforts together between these two disciplines and making sure the rationality includes ROI (return on investment) and ROA (return on Attention). Also the synergies and joint efforts needs to include lead generation, referral traffic, branding, PR, social media synergies. Google and Bing and including in their algorithms Twitter and Facebook as critical factors for ranking.
4. Share PPC, SEO and Social Media research and analytics as much as possible. Both the tree areas use the same tools and techniques, so it is rather fundamental to share knowledge data and set goals together. A lot of wins can be achieved and ultimately it is a win win for everybody. So the analytics, research and strategy needs to be drawn together and in total good communication efforts.
5. Some days you’re going to have SEO wins. Some days you’re going to have PPC wins. It’s important to celebrate each other’s wins. Avoid dividing efforts or lacking a proper weekly, if not daily effective talk between convergences. SEO and PPC work related. Also bear in mind SEO is becoming increasingly close to a total web optimisation. You need to start thinking in optimising for search, for social, for mobile and for applications.
6. Design campaigns together, this is key. It doesn’t necessarily mean have your SEO writing all copy for your PPC campaign, but be close and share as much as possible. Be there with information, data and talk about all the steps about implementation. Make sure that the PPC landing pages is structured with the correct SEO site architecture. Make sure that the different teams communicate and agree on what the pages are going to look like. Remind them that the landing pages and campaigns need to be follow / index. Make sure they are not blocked by robots.txt. It is necessary a critical assessment that works in general ideas that are the target. The same thing with SEO, is it communicating with the copy of the PPC campaigns? What message/s is conveying through the URL structure? How is it going to affect the general PPC quality score?
7. Think customer! Do this with proper data and analytics. Most of the marketing, media buying, e-commerce campaigns need to bear in mind more and more the customer. All work needs to have joint efforts in mind. The social media world where we live obliges us to have this in mind no one can have a successful business strategy without understanding how the customers react towards their products, campaigns and brand identity.
Guide to the New SEO – Total Internet Optimization Part 1
Guide to the New SEO – Total Internet Optimization Part 2
Guide to the New SEO – Total Internet Optimization Part 3
Dinis Guarda is an author, speaker, serial entrepreneur, advisor and experienced CEO.
He creates and helps build ventures focused on global growth, 360 digital strategies, sustainable innovation, Blockchain, Fintech, AI and new emerging business models such as ICOs / tokenomics.
Dinis is the founder/CEO of ztudium that manages blocksdna / lifesdna. These products and platforms offer multiple AI P2P, fintech, blockchain, search engine and PaaS solutions in consumer wellness healthcare and life style with a global team of experts and universities.
He is the founder of coinsdna a new swiss regulated, Swiss based, institutional grade token and cryptocurrencies blockchain exchange. He is founder of DragonBloc a blockchain, AI, Fintech fund and co-founder of Freedomee project.
Dinis has created various companies namely Ztudium, a tech, digital and AI blockchain startup that builds cutting edge software, big data insights, publishes intelligenthq.com, hedgethink.com, fashionabc.org, openbusinesscouncil.org and tradersdna.com among others.
Dinis is the author of various books. His upcoming books “4IR AI Blockchain Fintech IoT Reinventing a Nation“, “How Businesses and Governments can Prosper with Fintech, Blockchain and AI?”, also the bigger case study and book (400 pages) “Blockchain, AI and Crypto Economics – The Next Tsunami?” last the “Tokenomics and ICOs – How to be good at the new digital world of finance / Crypto” will be launched in 2018.
Some of the companies Dinis created or has been involved have reached over 1 USD billions in valuation. Dinis has advised and was responsible for some top financial organisations, 100 cryptocurrencies worldwide and Fortune 500 companies.
Dinis is involved as a strategist, board member and advisor with the payments, lifestyle, blockchain reward community app Glance technologies, for whom he built the blockchain messaging / payment / loyalty software Blockimpact, the seminal Hyperloop Transportations project, Kora, and blockchain cybersecurity Privus.
He is listed in various global fintech, blockchain, AI, social media industry top lists as an influencer in position top 10/20 within 100 rankings: such as Top People In Blockchain | Cointelegraph https://top.cointelegraph.com/ and https://cryptoweekly.co/100/ .
He has been a lecturer at Copenhagen Business School, Groupe INSEEC/Monaco University and other leading world universities.
He is a shareholder of the fintech social money transfer app Moneymailme and math edutech gamification children’s app Gozoa.
Between 2014 and 2015 he was involved in creating a fabbanking.com a digital bank between Asia and Africa as Chief Commercial Officer and Marketing Officer responsible for all legal, tech and business development. Between 2009 and 2010 he was the founder of one of the world first fintech, social trading platforms tradingfloor.com for Saxo Bank. In 2011 he created the B2B platforms socialmediacouncil.org and openbusinesscouncil.org with Jamie Burke.