Eight Intelligent Quotes By Eight Great Women
After centuries of oppression and of being in the shadow of men, women have been able to gradually show the world how they are great business leaders, great thinkers, poets scholars, philosophers and also amazing entrepreneurs. Younger generations of women are nowadays able to have as role models strong and inspirational women, that have contributed with their unique perspectives, ideas and projects to the shaping of a better world.
Intelligenthq assembles here 15 quotes said by a group of 15 amazing women that excelled and changed the world as poets, writers, business women, philosophers, and social entrepreneurs :
1. “A wise woman wishes to be no one’s enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone’s victim.” Maya Angelou
2. “Too many women in too many countries speak the same language, of silence…” Hillary Clinton
3. “How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself.” Anais Nin
4. “Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and, therefore, the foundation of all invention and innovation. In its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power that enables us to empathize with humans whose experiences we have never shared.” J K Rowling
5. “No one will do for you what you need to do for yourself. We cannot afford to be separate. We have to see that all of us are in the same boat.” Dorothy Height
6. “Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.” Sheryl Sandberg
7. “It’s so clear that you have to cherish everyone. I think that’s what I get from these older black women, that every soul is to be cherished, that every flower Is to bloom.” Alice Walker
8. “Nothing is slower than the true birth of a woman or man.” Marguerite Yourcenar
9. “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” Marissa Mayer
10. “As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the whole world.” Virginia Woolf
11. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Mead
12.“Today, most young women are exposed to technology at a very young age, with mobile phones, tablets, the Web or social media. They are much more proficient with technology than prior generations since they use it for all their school work, communication and entertainment.” Susan Wojcicki
13. “I want there to be a place in the world where people can engage in one another’s differences in a way that is redemptive, full of hope and possibility.” Bell Hooks
14. “An honorable human relationship – that is one in which two people have the right to use the word “love” is a process. Delicate, violent, often terrifying to both persons involved, a process of refining the truths they can tell each other.” Adrienne Rich
15. “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” Eleanor Roosevelt
Founder Dinis Guarda
IntelligentHQ Your New Business Network.
IntelligentHQ is a Business network and an expert source for finance, capital markets and intelligence for thousands of global business professionals, startups, and companies.
We exist at the point of intersection between technology, social media, finance and innovation.
IntelligentHQ leverages innovation and scale of social digital technology, analytics, news and distribution to create an unparalleled, full digital medium and social business network spectrum.
IntelligentHQ is working hard, to become a trusted, and indispensable source of business news and analytics, within financial services and its associated supply chains and ecosystems.