GigaOM, have released the names of the finalists of the Structure: Europe 2013 LaunchPad competition recognizing the most promising startups in cloud computing, internet infrastructure and data. The GigaOM event will bring influential tech crowd and companies driving disruptive technologies to the stage
The 10 finalists below were chosen from 84 submissions for their groundbreaking technologies and business models.
● Cloud 66 is application management as a service that combines the convenience of platform as a service with the flexibility and control of infrastructure as a service.
● cloudbase.io is a cloud backend as a service for mobile developers. There is also an enterprise middleware edition for deployment on a private cloud or internally.
● ECmanaged is a multi-cloud management tool enabling users to take full control of their cloud platforms from implementation to the management phase.
● Lunacloud is a pure-play cloud services provider that delivers reliable, elastic and low-cost infrastructure services.
● Tresorit is an encrypted cloud storage tool, designed to share and sync confidential data.
● SaltStack is fast, scalable software for big infrastructure automation and configuration management.
● SecludIT has developed Elastic Security, a set of products and services specifically designed for securing cloud infrastructure.
● import.io is a data browser that turns the web into organized and useable data without writing any code.
● Stackdriver Intelligent Monitoring combines a two-minute setup, intuitive UI, and advanced analytics to streamline the process of finding and fixing issues in cloud-powered applications.
● Waymate makes travel planning simple and fast by searching and comparing the time, duration and price of various transport options in one easy-to-read timeline.
ECmanaged, a pioneering multi-cloud management tool, is one of the 10 finalists getting the opportunity to present its product onstage to global cloud visionaries at the GigaOM conference in September. Founded in 2012, its intuitive design and interface allow users to develop Cloud platforms avoiding provider imposed restrictions. ECmanaged enables users to be in control of their platforms and applications both at the implementation phase and afterwards
“Being named LaunchPad finalist is a real honour,” says CTO Juan Carlos Moreno. “It is a recognition for the work we have put into developing ECmanaged and it confirms that the future of Cloud computing lies in multi-Cloud.” ECmanaged is a multi-Cloud management tool that uses a novel approach of high-level platform modelling, offering full mobility between providers and avoiding vendor lock-in. Recent European research shows that a large number of companies and governments are increasingly using multiple Cloud providers. This trend creates a need for management tools. “ECmanaged is able to fulfil that need and we are very excited to showcase our product at Structure:Europe 2013, “ affirms Juan Carlos.
“In addition, ECmanaged is not only a tool to deploy new platforms but it also enables users to carry out daily IT management tasks.”
The GigaOM initiative is a high-profile competition that recognizes Europe’s most-promising start-ups in cloud computing, internet infrastructure, and data. The conference will be held 18-19 September in London, and is an extension of GigaOM’s flagship event focused on the future of cloud computing and internet infrastructure. LaunchPad finalists will present their pitches on the conference main stage and a winner will be selected by the Structure:Europe audience and jury.
Image credit: Gigaom
Hayden Richards is Contributor of IntelligentHQ. He specialises in finance, trading, investment, and technology, with expertise in both buy-side, sell-side. Contributing and advising various global corporations, Hayden is a thought leader, researching on global regulatory subjects, digital, social media strategies and new trends for Businesses, Capital Markets and Financial Services.
Aside from the articles, interviews and content he writes for IntelligentHQ, Hayden is also a content curator for capital markets, analytic platforms and business industry emerging trends. An avid new media explorer Hayden is driven by a passion for business development, innovation, social business, Tech Trading, payments and eCommerce. A native Trinidadian, Hayden is also a veteran, having served with the Royal Air Force Reserves for the past 10 years.
Follow Hayden on Twitter @HaydenARichards, linkedin.com/haydenhrichards and http://www.scoop.it/u/hayden-richards