Jason Silva is a filmmaker, “epiphany addict” and futurist. He is also a media artist, philosopher, keynote speaker and TV personality.
Ever ponder the miracle of life? Or perhaps wonder about the evolution of intelligence? Well, it seems that those are the topics Jason Silva chases in his powerful and inspiring talks, films and projects.
One of his most known projects is a series of short films called “Shots of Awe”. These films are designed to get people thinking philosophically across a variety of different areas such as innovation, technology, creativity, the imagination and futurism.
In shots of awe, every week he brings us breathtaking episodes that mix beautiful images with epic music and Jason’s words: where he improvises about the complex systems of society, technology and human existence in a form of existential jazz.
Silva is also known for being the host of the TV series Brain Games. This TV show is Emmy nominated, produced by National Geographic and goes to air in more than 100 countries.
IntelligentHQ assembled 10 of his most inspiring quotes:
1. We are gods. Our tools make us gods. In symbiosis with our technology, our powers are expanding exponentially and so, too, our possibilities.
2. The scientist and engineers who are building the future need the poets to make sense of it.
3. Creativity and insight almost always involve an experience of acute pattern recognition: the eureka moment in which we perceive the interconnection between disparate concepts or ideas to reveal something new.
4. As long as you’re not hurting anybody else, as long as you’re being kind to people and you’re doing what you love, only good things can come of it.
5. Once we realize the extraordinary power we have to compose our lives, we’ll move from passive, conditioned thinking to being co-creators of our fate.
6. We must not be afraid to push boundaries; instead, we should leverage our science and our technology, together with our creativity and our curiosity, to solve the world’s problems.
7. If the process of life is about moving toward increased complexity and organization, a sort of sublime unfolding of greater and greater self-organizing systems, then we’re actually doing pretty well.
8. You can’t win the hearts and minds of the masses unless you inspire them – you must lift their spirits and enliven their hearts.
9. As a media artist and filmmaker, I’m constantly considering the role of situational context when creating my work.
1O. My approach to creating content is focused on pulling people out of their intellectual comfort zones. I’m interested in presenting ideas in unique ways that challenge people to question their assumptions.
Founder Dinis Guarda
IntelligentHQ Your New Business Network.
IntelligentHQ is a Business network and an expert source for finance, capital markets and intelligence for thousands of global business professionals, startups, and companies.
We exist at the point of intersection between technology, social media, finance and innovation.
IntelligentHQ leverages innovation and scale of social digital technology, analytics, news and distribution to create an unparalleled, full digital medium and social business network spectrum.
IntelligentHQ is working hard, to become a trusted, and indispensable source of business news and analytics, within financial services and its associated supply chains and ecosystems.