You may have seen articles across various websites talking about influencer marketing; some may even go so far as to describing it as “the future” of marketing. It may leave you wondering what all the hype is about. There’s a good reason for marketers raving about influencer marketing and what it can do. The fact is that it provides you with a method of achieving various aspects of your organizational goals – whether it be in conversions, lead generation, brand awareness, or customer loyalty.
What’s the deal with influencer marketing?
Now the benefits highlighted above aren’t just bold, empty claims made by enthusiastic marketers. Studies have actually proven how influencer marketing can be effective to help you achieve a number of goals. In fact, an Augure study found that it is considered to be an effective marketing channel by at least 69% of professionals. Here are some more interesting findings made by the study:
- Looking to gain more visibility for your brand? Influencer marketing can help you with that, as 93% of marketers who have used it consider it to be beneficial for raising brand awareness.
- Maybe you’re trying to build long-term relationships with your customers. Influencer marketing could be the right tool for you, since 76% of those who have used it say that it helps them garner customer loyalty.
- Struggling to stir the interest of your customers? With influencer marketing, you could be effectively generating valuable leads that can turn into conversions. 75% of marketers have even said that it’s an effective method of lead generation.
Is there a catch?
Influencer may provide you with a number of benefits, but when it comes to challenges, it’s just like any other marketing channel. It comes with its own set of challenges, which you can overcome by getting informed about them. Take a look at some of the biggest influencer marketing challenges as outlined in the Augure study:
- The biggest challenge in influencer marketing is identifying the right influencers. 75% of marketers vouch for this.
- The second biggest challenge is finding the right engagement tactic, as voted for by 69% of marketers.
- Measuring the performance of your campaign comes third in influencer marketing challenges. 53% of marketers support this claim.
So now you see all the benefits and challenges involved in influencer marketing. Find out the best ways to overcome these challenges in the influencer marketing infographic.
About the author: Shane Barker is a digital marketing consultant that specializes in influencer marketing, product launches, sales funnels, targeted traffic and website conversions. He has consulted with Fortune 500 companies, influencers with digital products, and a number of A-List celebrities.